Armagh Peace-building Summer School
2018 Summer School July 8th –17th
Charlemount Arms Hotel, Armagh
The program for the 2018 Peace Building Summer School is being finalised. The School will examine:
- Difficult issues in the conflict, how they have been resolved or not resolved
- Parades from Loyal Order, marching bands and residents perspectives, accommodations and current position in Armagh
- The impact of the conflict of Armagh City and south Armagh with guided tours
- Visit to Derry/Londonderry Museum of Free Derry, Parades and how they have been managed in the City
- Life in Northern Ireland from the perspectives of LBGT, Asylum Seekers & Ethnic communities
- A tour of the Peace Walls in Belfast
- The participation of people from Ireland and those from abroad through UMASS Boston, giving opportunity for learning and interaction from local and international perspectives
Armagh City, Banbridge and Craigavon Borough Council’s Good Relations programme have agreed to award up to 5 bursaries (non-residential).
Deadline for return of the application form is 22nd June 2018 at 5.00pm. Late applications will not be considered.
Each applicant will be assessed due to limited places and those that show the best peace-building outcomes will be selected.