COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME FOR WOMEN
In association with Co-operation Ireland, ABC Community Network has a FREE, accredited community development programme specifically for women to be held at ABC offices in Portadown.
It’s due to start on Saturday 17 February and finish at the end of March and will take place over 5 Saturday sessions from 10.30 am to 4.00 pm – lunch will be provided and travel expenses covered.
The sessions will be mainly discussion-based and facilitated in a supportive, accessible and encouraging way. Previous experience is not necessary, nor any qualifications. This programme seeks to increase the participation and influence of women in the community by giving them the knowledge, skills and confidence they need. The programme covers the following topics:
- CITIZENSHIP (how women can make a greater contribution to their communities and society);
- LEADERSHIP & MENTORING (how leadership can set direction, inspire vision and create something new);
- PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT (increase confidence, self-esteem and positivity);
- HEALTH AND WELLBEING (personal, psychological and physical that inhibit women’s participation);
- WOMEN & PEACE-BUILDING (help women identify the factors leading to community cohesion and the vital role they can play;
- WOMEN IN THE JUSTICE SYSTEM (accessing non-judgmental help, support and guidance).