Coronavirus Community Fund
The fund will be open to constituted community organisations throughout Northern Ireland, who are supporting isolated older people at this time.
The focus of the fund will be to offer community organisations emergency funding to deal with emerging issues in the community, affecting older people (aged 50 and over), as a result of the continuing threat of coronavirus, and the need for self isolation, and potential for further exacerbation of loneliness and isolation of these older people.
To be eligible to apply your project must support older people (aged 50 and over) and help to:
- Reduce isolation and vulnerability of older people during any isolation period that may arise as a result of the threat of covid 19,
- Supporting ongoing needs of older people, to ensure that their well being is maintained,
- Any initiative that will help ensure older people remain connected with the outside world during this time.
What can be supported within the fund themes?
- Running costs for organisations to provide such support, including volunteer expenses, staff costs, and transport; providing the organisation is focusing their attention on providing support to both existing, and any potential new beneficiaries
- Small capital costs are eligible, providing the capital item will address the priorities of the fund, and is linked to keeping the older person connected to the outside world
Examples might include:
- Enabling older people to keep warm by accessing home heating oil or warm clothes.
- Enabling older people to access a nutritious meal by connecting them to services providing groceries, and or ready made meals.
- Enabling and encouraging older people to use and access technology to keep them connected to the outside world.
- Reaching out to isolated older people by telephone, and befriending if possible.
- The Fund is open from 9am 16th March 2020 and will remain open on a rolling call basis. We do, however, expect a high level of interest in this fund. Depending on current funding available, and any future funds raised, we therefore may decide to close for applications within a relatively short space of time, if we do not have enough funds to meet the demand for support.
- Should you have any further questions please contact the Grants Team on 028 9024 5927 or go to www.communityfoundationni.org/grants/coronavirus-community-fund